C & A (Restricted Access, DPG Day 25)
C, A, J and E have had malaria; T and C also had wasp stings, and E had tonsillitis. Praise God they are better now. Pray that the family stays healthy and well. Praise God for opportunities to witness and to see people turn to God. Pray for the Centre whose support has been significantly reduced this year, and had to close during the pandemic. Pray that it can re-open in 2021. Pray for their language learning and praise God for a new helper. Praise God that C has been able to finish two staff houses; pray for him as he plans to improve the functionality of the centre. Praise God that the kids’ term 3 books arrived at the end of the term! Pray for the safety of those affected by severe flooding due to heavy rain.
COVID-affected/dependent travel plans
Kara McLaughlin (South Africa, DPG Day 2) remains in Mozambique as South African borders remain closed. She plans to return for leave in December.
Calvin and Shirley Oule (Uganda, DPG Day 3) also plan to return for leave in December.
David Chapman (Zambia, DPG Day 3) was planning to return for leave in October…
Fiona Thomas (Cambodia, DPG Day 7) is still waiting for a flight to return home, ending her 11 years in Cambodia.
Mark and Alex Ronalds (India, DPG Day 8) are waiting for flights back to India from the UK. Mark may need to return to Australia for visa renewal.
Paul and Debbie Howells (Philippines, DPG Day 9) are planning to return to Perth for Christmas.
Paul and Gerrah Kulikovsky (Philippines, DPG Day 9) also want to return when flights are available.
Russell and Lorna Torrance (Philippines, DPG Day 10) also want to visit Australia, but only if they can return to the Philippines.
Daniel and Candide Weekes (France, DPG Day 13) are planning for a short visit to Australia in April 2021 — but not if they must quarantine.
Robert and Katie Hovenden (Specialist, DPG Day 20) are planning for a visit Down Under in April 2021.
David and Ros (Restricted Access, DPG Day 23) are looking at flights to NZ so that Sarah can start university in 2021.
Leigh and Tamara (Restricted Access, DPG Day 24) plan to return permanently by the end of 2020.
Elizabeth Pfeifer (Philippines, DPG Day 10) is at the Wycliffe Centre in Kangaroo Ground and is hoping to return to the Philippines in 2021. Pray for Liz as she gradually increases her Asia work tasks, from her home in Melbourne. Pray for her to have good connections with supporters despite the lockdown restrictions, that she will be able to schedule a break soon, and that she will prepare well for her return to Asia once travel restrictions ease. Pray for Liz as she serves on the tech-team for the SIL-hosted ‘God and Language Forum’ (Sep 28 – Oct 1) and also with coordinating tech-support for SIL Asia-Pacific New Leaders Orientation (1-2 sessions per week, Oct 8 – Nov 24).
David and Cherie Snellgrove (Philippines, DPG Day 10) are caring for elderly parents while supporting Safe Haven online, and plan to return overseas next year.
Eva Kennedy (Spain, DPG Day 15) is still waiting for borders to re-open so that she can go to Spain.
David and Stacie Coates (Restricted Access, DPG Day 22) are hoping to return to Asia by the end of 2020.
Wesley and Esther (Restricted Access, DPG Day 23) are waiting for NGO and government approval to leave Australia.
Talitha Follent (new teacher to PNG) plans to arrive in PNG in January 2021.